Stuck in "an escape to remember"
Mike Harris
2006-10-20 19:33:59 UTC

I've made it to the second module, found the tube, filled it with liquid,
poured it on various and sundry, mopped and am getting nowhere.

Can anyone give me a nudge?

TIA
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX
Dan Shiovitz
2006-10-21 06:28:46 UTC
Post by Mike Harris
I've made it to the second module, found the tube, filled it with liquid,
poured it on various and sundry, mopped and am getting nowhere.
Can anyone give me a nudge?
Gosh, I'm glad to see someone's playing this, after I shamefully
failed to publicize it in any way. Anyway, for your particular
problem, assume that (at least at this point in the narrative) you're
an expert spy of some point and were prepared for this situation. The
liquid in the tube is the right track, but it isn't going to do
anything by itself.

Maybe you can add something to it, or dissolve something in it.

Like the crystal from the amulet.
Post by Mike Harris
Mike Harris
--
Dan Shiovitz :: ***@cs.wisc.edu :: http://www.drizzle.com/~dans
"He settled down to dictate a letter to the Consolidated Nailfile and
Corporations are not put in this world for pleasure alone." -PGW
Rubes
2006-10-21 15:51:20 UTC
Post by Dan Shiovitz
Gosh, I'm glad to see someone's playing this, after I shamefully
failed to publicize it in any way.
I've played it as well, up to about the same point as the person above.
I didn't get very far into it yet, but I like the way it's done. Well
written and some good puzzles to this point.
Mike Harris
2006-10-27 18:41:10 UTC
Thanks.

I got through it and sent a review to Jimmy Maher for his next edition of
SPAG.
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX
Austin TX
m***@gmail.com
2018-11-24 22:20:25 UTC
Just started this game. Love it so far (the phrase on the shot glass, "Ad Astra Per Aspera" is the Kansas State motto).
I have no idea what to do with the miniature lever. I have noticed that the object you revisit is spoken of as if it were a person. "The stool is holding a bankcheck" or "The speakerphone has nothing to say".
Hint, anyone?
m***@gmail.com
2018-11-25 17:52:39 UTC
I was on the right track, but using the wrong verb. Now I'm *really* stuck at the gnome. What am I missing?
m***@gmail.com
2018-11-24 22:24:44 UTC
Just found this game. Love it so far, but I've no idea what to do with the miniature lever.
I figured out that the object you revisit is treated like a person by the parser when you see it again but I don't know what to do with it. Hint, anyone?