Volunteers to transcribe AberMUD listing
l***@gmail.com
2019-01-30 07:30:45 UTC
Hello,

There's a chance a printout of the original AberMUD will be scanned.
I'm looking for volunteers to help type it in. Please notify me if
you're interested.

Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff
Pabst Blue Ribbon
2019-01-31 00:18:18 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Hello,
There's a chance a printout of the original AberMUD will be scanned.
I'm looking for volunteers to help type it in. Please notify me if
you're interested.
Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff
Type it in? There's a software for that since '90s or even earlier. You
mean proofread it?
l***@gmail.com
2019-01-31 04:05:48 UTC
Post by Pabst Blue Ribbon
Type it in? There's a software for that since '90s or even earlier. You
mean proofread it?
I have transcribed a few listings, and my experience with OCR software hasn't
been great.
Doug McIntyre
2019-01-31 05:24:28 UTC
Post by Pabst Blue Ribbon
Post by l***@gmail.com
There's a chance a printout of the original AberMUD will be scanned.
I'm looking for volunteers to help type it in. Please notify me if
you're interested.
Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff
Type it in? There's a software for that since '90s or even earlier. You
mean proofread it?
Only if the printout is clean enough to be recognizable by the OCR
software. 600dpi laserjet printout is a world apart from a 9-pin
dot-matrix photocopied three generations....
--
Doug McIntyre
***@themcintyres.us