What mapping tool do you use to play interactive fiction?
Kevin Grant
2014-06-10 19:33:59 UTC
Hi. What are some relatively recent mapping tool for playing interactive fiction games?Can anyone recommend a Trizbort fork to use? Thanks.
Richard Bos
2014-06-10 20:31:44 UTC
Post by Kevin Grant
Hi. What are some relatively recent mapping tool for playing interactive
fiction games?Can anyone recommend a Trizbort fork to use? Thanks.
I'm afraid I can't help you there - I'm very old-fashioned, I draw my
own maps on graph paper...

Richard
dott.Piergiorgio
2014-06-11 04:29:48 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Kevin Grant
Hi. What are some relatively recent mapping tool for playing interactive
fiction games?Can anyone recommend a Trizbort fork to use? Thanks.
I'm afraid I can't help you there - I'm very old-fashioned, I draw my
own maps on graph paper...
Also I, and I use whatever paper is around (plus the jotting of notes on
random paper...)
perhaps the best computer tool for mapping is a scanner ? :D

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.
Stanley Daniel de Liver
2014-06-11 11:16:23 UTC
Post by dott.Piergiorgio
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Kevin Grant
Hi. What are some relatively recent mapping tool for playing
interactive
fiction games?Can anyone recommend a Trizbort fork to use? Thanks.
I'm afraid I can't help you there - I'm very old-fashioned, I draw my
own maps on graph paper...
Also I, and I use whatever paper is around (plus the jotting of notes on
random paper...)
perhaps the best computer tool for mapping is a scanner ? :D
Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.
I gave away my map of Advent in '81 (4 sheets of greenbar).
It's a money /life balance.
Richard Bos
2014-06-11 16:16:21 UTC
Post by dott.Piergiorgio
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Kevin Grant
Hi. What are some relatively recent mapping tool for playing interactive
fiction games?Can anyone recommend a Trizbort fork to use? Thanks.
I'm afraid I can't help you there - I'm very old-fashioned, I draw my
own maps on graph paper...
Also I, and I use whatever paper is around (plus the jotting of notes on
random paper...)
Yeah, I also use random, pre-loved printer paper for the first sketches,
and proceed to graph paper only when I want to keep the map. Right now
I've got my collection of Phoenix maps almost complete...

Richard
Christian Kellermann
2014-06-11 07:54:45 UTC
Post by Kevin Grant
Hi. What are some relatively recent mapping tool for playing
interactive fiction games?Can anyone recommend a Trizbort fork to use?
Thanks.
I have tried several mapping tools and always came back to pen and
paper. Especially with works that include strange directions which don't
have provisioned by the mapping software.

Also I found the whole process hindering and I tend to immerse deeper
into a game with pen and paper.

Kind regards,

Christian
Peter Pears
2014-06-12 09:21:52 UTC
Mostly I use my head! A while ago I would have scoffed at that notion, but nowadays I really don't need to map much.

But when I do, I use Trizbort on my dektop and Graffio on my iPod.