Inform 6 or 7
John Geoffrey
2018-12-29 20:12:27 UTC
I was planning to write a game soon, mostly as a way to get into writing
really. But I also wanted to write a text adventure for a long time.
So... do people still use Inform 6 to write interactive fiction? Would
something speak against using it on principle? I was trying out Inform 7
but got a bit annoyed by it.
Or is there something new on the block that I should know about?
josemanuel
2018-12-30 17:31:40 UTC
Post by John Geoffrey
So... do people still use Inform 6 to write interactive fiction? Would
something speak against using it on principle?
There's nothing wrong with writing IF with Inform 6. It is still actively
maintained. Check the following links:

* The compiler: https://gitlab.com/DavidGriffith/inform6unix

* The library: https://gitlab.com/DavidGriffith/inform6lib

* The interpreter: https://gitlab.com/DavidGriffith/frotz

All the best.
--
José Manuel García-Patos
Madrid
David Griffith
2019-01-21 14:39:09 UTC
Post by josemanuel
Post by John Geoffrey
So... do people still use Inform 6 to write interactive fiction? Would
something speak against using it on principle?
There's nothing wrong with writing IF with Inform 6. It is still actively
* The compiler: https://gitlab.com/DavidGriffith/inform6unix
* The library: https://gitlab.com/DavidGriffith/inform6lib
* The interpreter: https://gitlab.com/DavidGriffith/frotz
All the best.