Android apps that can run Glulx Interactive Fiction
Wake Reality
2017-01-21 17:09:59 UTC
Hello.

I will be shortly be alpha testing a new Android app to run Glulx stories via Git and Glulxe interpreters. It should have full support of Glk windows, graphics, hyperlinks... with sound coming in shortly. Targeting Android 5.0 and newer during the alpha testing phase - but should be easily adaptable to Android 4.0 and newer devices.

I put together a listing of all the previous Glulx app efforts I could find. http://blog.wakereality.com/2017/01/android-apps-for-inform-7-glulx.html

I'm also encouraging other developers to make their own apps for downloading, organizing and finding the Interactive Fiction data files. We should be able to interface app to app via Android's BroadcastReceiver Intent system - and even get a callback Intent when the user has finished with the story. Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss making apps work together.

Thank you.
Wake Reality
2017-02-26 23:15:04 UTC
Post by Wake Reality
Hello.
I will be shortly be alpha testing a new Android app to run Glulx stories via Git and Glulxe interpreters. It should have full support of Glk windows, graphics, hyperlinks... with sound coming in shortly. Targeting Android 5.0 and newer during the alpha testing phase - but should be easily adaptable to Android 4.0 and newer devices.
Incant can run Glulx and is a nice lean app. It has been enhanced to give it some controls over the sound and performance profile features from the 2014 alpha release (version 0.2). I posted the fork on github here: https://github.com/WakeRealityDev/incant which has links back to the original 2014 code.

And an open beta preview is now on Google Play store: http://incant-test.wakereality.com